Calming the Chaos Blog Hop




 photo Button2_zps03661f9f.png


Welcome to the Calming the Chaos Blog Hop hosted by 2peasandadog.

All of us bloggers have come together to share our top tips for making the last month of school run smoothly. Visit each of our blogs to learn something new and catch a freebie or two! Happy Hopping! 

Be sure to scroll down to the bottom to hop to the other blogs.

At the end of the year I think we're all feeling a little frazzled - the students, parents, staff and teachers all feel the rush to the end of the year.  The sunny skies and warm temperatures don't help either... none of us want to be inside a warm stuffy classroom on a beautiful day, and the students drag their heels.

One of the things that I like to do at the end of the year is to hold a little classroom chit-chat to get a sense of how the year went for my students.  I think it's important to have the chit-chat in a different venue from my classroom, so I book into our Library and hold my class there instead.  (We're lucky enough to have a wonderful comfy lounge area we can hang out in.)  I find when I combine comfy couches and snacks the students open up a little more.  I like to give my students an opportunity to provide me with some feedback and I have learned some really great things about what works and what doesn't work for them in the way that I teach.

I also give them a few Top 10 Lists to work on - they love to share their lists with each other and the class.  Here's a set of 6 different Top 10 List activities that work at the end of the year.  Use one or use them all!  Click on the image below to grab a FREE copy! 


I also sell an End of Year product called 
"Time Flies...End of Year Literacy Activities" 
in my TpT Store!

Blog Hop Participants
Check out this Great Giveaway!

7 comments

  1. I love your Top 10 lists! I'm going to use them as morning work to ease the students into the day for the last few weeks. Thanks for sharing!

    Liz S.
    beachteach5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top ten lists are so much fun! I'm definitely going to use this :0).

    I'm your newest google plus follower!
    Follow me at Mrs. Harris Teaches Science


    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADDIE!! Hey dear! Just wanted to tell you I can't wait to see what some of my kiddos write for the "Top 10 School Moments" when I have them do it! I have a great, fun group and am sad to see them go. (Though I am soooo ready for a break!) I'll catch up with you on FB; I've missed chatting! So much "stuff" and not enough hours in the day! Hope you are well. ;)
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog through the hop, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally going to use your lovely reflective Top Ten sheets. I really like how specific they are--great idea to change rooms for it too! This is a GREAT share, thank you! Your newest follower: The Learning Lab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Addie,
    I am sure you read about this already, you are so in the loop BUT just in case...Teaching time is crazy right now, if you are not in testing mode like I am, you are in report card mode, or just plain when is this going to end mode! I wanted to invite you to drop by and enter the GIVEAWAY on my blog right now, just in case you missed it! It's a great 31Gifts organizer tote, I want all my Canadian blogger buddies to get in on the sale too! Jen the teacher sponsoring the party,is one of the first consultants for 31 Gifts in Canada! The prices are awesome...come and check it out!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sidney - I'll go check it out! Love the 31 stuff.

      Addie

      Delete

Back to Top