Quotes for Kindness - Free Writing Prompts for Your Classroom

I teach middle and high school age students and they're great.  They're really great. BUT sometimes they can be downright awful to each other. The drama we see in middle school students can be out of control!!

I value the classroom community I create throughout the year - I value the open communication, the easy joking, the laughter and the fun.  But... I know my students need reminders.  Reminders to be respectful, reminders to be kind, reminders to show empathy...

Here's an easy and FREE set of writing prompts to help remind your students of the value of kindness, the value of friendship and the value of respect.   It's amazing how far a little reminder can go with my students.... and I hope with yours.

Click HERE to grab your copy of the writing prompts that have been inspired by quotes from famous literature. Use these quotes as bell ringers, inspiration for a longer essay, paragraph practice, an anti-bullying unit or a class discussion!

As an extension activity I have includesd a blank version of the writing paper so that you or your students can add your own writing prompt.  Why not ask them to find a quote about kindness or empathy from their favourite book, a famous movie or from a well-known historical figure.


19 comments

  1. I love these writing prompts! Your quotes from famous writers will be a perfect activity to use with my quotes from famous scientists!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! These writing prompts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to use quotes to prompt discussion and writing. I know my middle school (and high school) students were much more willing to read quotes and engage! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love not only the quotes but also the layout for the prompts. Thanks so much for sharing, Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this resource--thanks a million for creating it! And, also, AMEN about middle school drama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea, Addie! I think that these writing posts are great reminders to use throughout the school year. I cannot wait to use these! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  8. This is great. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always on the lookout for new prompts to use with my students. These are perfect because they accomplish two jobs in one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this free resource, and your wonderful ideas to help teachers be flexible in how they use it! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this resource. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top